Purpose of role:
To plan, manage and deliver large scale supply chain projects across the USA for Primark
Head of Development
- To provide hands on leadership to the end to end delivery of large-scale projects in the supply chain from conception through to delivery often over a 12 to 18 month timescale. These projects will include, but not be limited to, new distribution centre design and build, distribution site conversions, extensions, materials handling fit out, automation and associated systems implementations.
- To develop comprehensive plans for those projects
- To ensure appropriate resources are allocated in a timely manner including from external partners
- To ensure progress is made to plan and adjustments made whenever necessary
- To ensure budgets are properly monitored and managed
- To develop the business case and measure project outcomes against it
- To ensure all agreed KPI's are measured and achieved
- Ensure projects are managed to the highest health and safety standards and are legally compliant with local legislation
- Produce regular reporting on progress top plan, risks and issues logs.
- Establish project governance structure
- Work closely with the operational teams to ensure projects are fit for purpose and that there is a seamless operational handover
- Provide analytical and modelling support to develop and validate solutions
- Work with Operations team to ensure understanding and acceptance of the projects with no surprises
The ideal individual will be:
- A highly experienced and effective project manager with a demonstrable track record of personal performance and achievement on large scale projects, in both domestic and international settings
- Pragmatic, practical and results driven.
- Able to deliver in the face of varied and frequent challenges there.
- Proven to have delivered big capital or change projects through to benefits realisation
- Experienced in an appropriate project management methodology with the associated use of planning tools
- Good end to end supply chain awareness and understanding and a solid grounding in supply chain operations
- The individual should be self-motivated, focussed and results orientated, with the ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- Appropriate project management qualification
- A minimum of 10 years supply chain management experience
- Proven big project delivery
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced supply chain environment
- Able to work away for long periods with potentially substantial international travel
- Strong administrative skills
- Effective communicator - 2nd language skills a benefit