Purpose of role: To provide support to the Head of Logistics and the Depot Operational teams to manage the flow of product from the USA Depots to Primark Stores
Reports to: Head of Logistics
Based: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania or Jacksonville, Florida – Requirement to travel
- To support the Head of Logistics and operational teams at your Depot/s to deliver a fantastic service to our customers safely, on time and achieving our KPI’s.
- To support the Head of Logistics in ensuring that the Supply Chain Business Plans, KPI’s, values and people processes are delivered and embedded.
- Supporting the day to day management, alongside the logistics operator, of all aspects of store service, eg schedules, shorts and overs, bank holidays etc as well as resolving disputes and driving improvements.
- To effectively manage relationships with the in-country retail team alongside Customer Services to deliver great service and be an ambassador for the Supply Chain function.
- Support the successful opening of all new stores in the region ensuring that all legislative requirements are being adhered to (e.g. EHS)
- Support the development of the Primark inclusive culture and ethos in the local operation(s) team.
- Support the development of our best in class operations and share best practice internally to continue to enhance the Primark Supply Chain and wider Business.
- Identify and own projects that will improve the logistics within your region and across the network.
- Examine KPI’s and finances in your region and being the Primark representative in the appropriate site meetings
- Drive the Primark values on site by being an exemplar of them
- Ensure the Depot is recognisable as a Primark site by aligning with the Brand and values
- Regular communication and appropriate escalation to the Head of Logistics
- Ensure that site HSE standards are in place and maintained
- Ensure that the Primark “Code of Conduct” is understood and adhered too, with Ethical Audits being regularly undertaken.
- Assisting the evaluation of potential new depot locations and operational go live.
- Experience of working in both operational and project management, ideally in a fast paced retail logistics environment
- Coaching style to be able to drive skills transference to new local teams
- Advanced IT skills to include MS Word, Excel , Outlook and Powerpoint are essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the organisation and in the external environment.
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent all round problem solving, & influencing skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be proactive & assertive reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
Primark is an equal opportunity employer. Primark does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Primark is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. To request reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please email USACareers@primark.com with your request. This email is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.