Reports to:Payroll Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Primark is seeking a full time Payroll Administrator to join a small team responsible for producing its US Payrolls.
What the successful candidate will be doing (after training):
- Contributing towards the delivery of accurate payroll output and assisting with detailed payroll checking procedures to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Working to set deadlines.
- Processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
- Learning and applying state and federal legislation and Primark rules on calculating and entering payments.
- Monitoring the HR and time and attendance import files and identifying and helping deal with any issues.
- Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from Stores and other third parties.
- Processing garnishments, involuntary terminations and any special payment requests.
- Calculating and administering PTO.
- Administering 401K, commuter deductions and benefits.
- Assisting in the production of earnings statements and other documents on a bi-weekly basis.
- Administration tasks such as filing and mail sorting.
- Writing and producing reports and working in MS Excel, Word and Outlook to carry out day to day duties.
- Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
- In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team.
What Primark is looking for in a candidate:
- Previous experience in a payroll environment is preferred though not essential (full training can be offered to candidates demonstrating a ‘can do’, positive attitude).
- Experience within finance or an undergraduate degree
The ideal individual will be:
- A competent team player with a positive attitude.
- Organized with good attention to detail.
- Motivated by ensuring high standards of performance and quality of work achieved.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment to a high level of accuracy.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a dynamic, fast growing company that invests in
people development and to work on a team with a focus on teamwork and excellence