Role: Recruiter (New York)
Purpose of role: To own full-cycle recruitment activities within a given area of stores, ensuring a strong talent pipeline from sourcing & attraction through consideration & hire. The Recruiter will be responsible for delivering a positive candidate experience and be an ambassador for the Primark brand as we enter new markets, open new stores, and meet new talent.
Reports to: Talent Acquisition Manager, Volume Recruitment
The Recruiter will be responsible for all volume recruitment – from entry-level volume roles through our experienced specialty positions. This role may oversee recruitment for both new stores and existing stores given the specific geographic area under ownership.
- Lead all sourcing activities within a given area of stores inclusive of both external and internal talent to ensure a strong pipeline for all roles.
- Develop local partnerships outside of the Primark business that support recruiting efforts within the given area (ex: schools, business organizations, etc.)
- Communicate and champion the Primark brand, our Retail Value Proposition, and the opportunities within our growth plan with all candidates.
- Leverage existing tools and provide recommendations & feedback on evolving all talent attraction marketing tools & resources.
- Deliver a positive, proactive, and compelling candidate experience from first engagement through on-boarding.
- Manage elements of the recruiting process, inclusive of sourcing, assessments and scheduling interviews.
- Build strong relationships with all hiring managers within area of responsibility.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the leadership teams across your area of stores – including Area Managers, Area P&C Managers, and Store Managers – providing feedback & insight on the talent marketplace, candidate experience, and alignment of candidates to internal needs.
- Coach hiring managers and interviewers on the interview process, interview skills, and provide feedback & insight on outcomes.
- Partner with the rest of the Talent Acquisition Team to optimize process, practices, and systems; share candidates & talent across the business; and continue to improve the Way We Work.
Reporting & Analytics
- Leverages data to improve recruiting practices – providing insight on recruiting challenges & opportunities, the external environment, and key trends / best practices.
- Ensures consistent reporting of all recruitment activities.
Collaborates & Influences
- Builds effective partnerships with others to meet common objectives
- Partners with others to get work done – and shares credit for contributions & accomplishments
- Responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others
- Can operate & lead in an environment without line management authority; delivers results through an ability to business partner & influence others
Builds Effective & Diverse Teams
- Manages all kinds of people equitably; creates an environment where all people want to join. Supports fair & equal treatment and opportunity for all
- Has an innate understanding of talent; is not afraid of select strong people & hires the best from inside or outside the organization
- Doesn’t hold back what needs to be said; provides current, direct, and complete and actionable feedback to others, including business partners
- Addresses situations quickly and directly
Resourceful & Resilient
- Leverages knowledge of Primark way of working, internal processes & practices, and our unique culture to ensure that projects are delivered effectively
- Quickly rebounds from challenges and setbacks and can manage difficult situations effectively, maintains a positive attitude in all settings
- Understands the external & internal customer and has a strong customer-centric orientation to ensure that projects are delivered to meet the needs of the business
- Has a strong people orientation and is able to manage complex / diverse stakeholder groups
Technical Requirements of the Role-holder
- Minimum of 3+ years full cycle recruitment experience
- Retail recruiting experience preferred; working with a distributed / hourly workforce and high volume recruitment a plus
- Experience working in a matrixed organization / delivering success via influence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of commercial acumen.