Purpose of role:
To provide operational leadership across the USA & UK Logistics operations, ensuring that it operates in line with the needs of the business
Director of Logistics
Relocation to USA required. There can be an interim period of being Islip, Northampton based on c12months to match store roll out. Role will require extensive travel.
• Lead the USA & UK Logistics Operations team(s) on the delivery of safety, service and cost KPI’s
• Lead the activities of all depots and operators within the USA & UK across warehousing, transport, re-processing and reverse logistics.
• Develop best in class operations by sharing best practice internally and benchmarking externally to continuously enhance the Primark Supply Chain and business
• To drive consistency across the ways of working across the USA & UK operations through structure, systems, processes and people
• To develop the operational output and relationship of the third party operators across inbound, warehousing, transport, re-processing and reverse logistics
• To ensure the Logistics Business Plans, KPI’s, values and people processes are delivered and embedded and continuously improved.
• To lead the Logistics team to attract, acquire, retain and develop the necessary talent to continuously improve team performance and capability and operational performance.
• To ensure that the Supply Chain is able to support the current trading and future expansion plans
• To effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to deliver great service at the best possible cost for Primark
• Develop a strategy to support the business growth requirements across the USA and Americas.
• To lead the operational element of the additional depots being constructed to support expansion
• Create a comprehensive understanding of the logistics market place and develop a peer network to facilitate this.
• Be able to deputise for the Logistics Director as and when appropriate
• Create and develop a regional structure to support the business, including succession planning/development of talent and improvement of capability
Knowledge, Skills Experience:
• Extensive experience of working in both operational and project management, ideally in a fast paced logistics environment supporting a large retailer
• Coaching style to be able to drive skills transference to new regional teams
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the organisation and in the external environment.
• Accomplished team builder and leader
• A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
• Excellent all round problem solving, & influencing skills at all levels (internally and externally)
• Ability to use own initiative – a self-starter
• Be proactive & assertive reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
• Extensive travel required