Primark Based at: TBA
Reporting to: Group Payroll Manager
Main function of role:
- Lead and grow payroll department to ensure that company payroll requirements are met.
- Strategically plan for payroll department resource needs to support US business growth strategy.
- Scale payroll operation practices to support new and existing business while ensuring controls are met.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of Primark payrolls.
- Ensure that the company is compliant on local and national legislation.
- Identify resource requirements for the delivery of payroll services including recruitment for payroll department.
- Scale setup of payroll function ensuring that the company’s timelines for new store openings are met.
- Lead and manage the activities of the payroll team.
- Take responsibility for payroll preparation/processing and any related responsibilities such as tax reporting, payroll systems administration, and maintenance including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and oversee third party payroll tax services.
- Collaborate with functional department leads to align strategic and tactical plans to support US business growth objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers including developing relationships with key customers and ensure that service delivery is customer focussed.
- Ensure that efficiencies and improvements to systems, set up and interfaces are maintained.
- Pursue policy of continuous improvement ensuring the efficient operation of the company’s payroll function.
- Ensure that reporting needs within the company are met.
- Liaise with Technology team on any systems integration issues and enhancement requirements.
- Ensure that financial outputs fit the company financial structure including dealing with enquiries on financial reports and transfer journals.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Support growth in the company including taking responsibility for any additional new countries (e.g. Canada).
Primark is growing and the responsibilities may change with time.
Skills & Competencies
- Detailed knowledge of US payroll regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll systems and interdependencies with Workforce Management and Human Resources systems.
- Strong analytical and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and interact well with team members.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Organizational and time management skills in managing multiple, diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Expert level understanding of payroll-related issues.
- Experience in payroll compliance practices.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
A hands-on person who ensures that the company's payroll functions are met with high level of accuracy. Capable of supervising a payroll team. Keeps up to date with changing legislation. Works flexibly. Develops relationships with relevant stakeholders. Absorbs company growth. Enforces performance standards. Resolves problems that arise in everyday work and escalates more complex problems. Helps develop and implement policies and procedures for the department to meet specific goals and objectives of the function. Analyses and challenges current working methods to create improvements in processes and results. Works to tight deadlines.
Typically 10 or more years' of Payroll experience with at least 4 or more years' experience of managing staff.
Higher education experience or a relevant payroll qualification.
Primark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws”: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)