Purpose of role: Provide the Payroll team, stakeholders and third parties reporting, system support and analytics to assist the timely and accurate delivery of payrolls
Reports to: Payroll Manager
- Provide flexible support to payroll manager including support on data uploads to the payroll system to high level of accuracy.
- Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel to carry out some day to day duties.
- Work with our outsourced payroll providers in relation to issue logs related to systems and system generated reports.
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external payroll customers
- Work cross functionally with other departments
- Oversee the validation and processing of spreadsheets
- Research and prepare special reports for management/stakeholders and ensure reporting needs within the company are met
- Support all Payroll Audits from a systems/reporting perspective
- Lead on data quality/testing for Payroll Implementations/Projects
- Validate and process integration files and reporting outputs to statutory companies
- Carry out problem and error analysis including period end checks
- Support growth in the company
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years payroll experience is required
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Able to step in and out of day to day payroll related activities where required to support the team
- Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines and performing duties under pressure.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to at Advanced level.
- Working Knowledge of PowerPoint, Project, Vision, Power BI
- Ability to see through tasks fully with minimal support ensuring team is kept on board and fully informed
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables while meeting deadlines
- Excellent planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyze and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters while ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.