Purpose of role: Assisting the Payroll Manager with team management and ensuring that company’s payroll functions are met
Reports to: Payroll Manager
- Lead and oversee the administration of payrolls, ensuring that payrolls are paid accurately and on time
- Help ensure that the team is compliant with relevant rules and legislation
- Oversee the validation and processing of spreadsheets and HR and Time and Attendance files
- Finalisation and payment processing in respect of company payrolls
- Overseeing 401K administration and returns
- Applying national and state regulations and company rules on all payments and deductions
- Pursuing policy of continuous improvement
- Lead on knowledge of tax and other regulations in relation to team support
- Assist with reconciliation processes and resolution of any payroll discrepancies
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external payroll customers
- Work cross functionally with other departments
- Check and sign correspondence where required
- Assist with year-end duties such as balancing, reconciliations and year end returns
- As the team grows, develop team members and perform activities that help with long term retention of team members
- Assist with special projects related to the payroll function
- Research and prepare special reports for management and ensure reporting needs within the company are met
- Carry out problem and error analysis including period end checks
- Support growth in the company
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years payroll experience is required with some experience of managing people preferred
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Able to step in and out of day to day payroll related activities where required to support the team.
- Detailed knowledge of tax regulations including national and state legislation.
- Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines and performing duties under pressure.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to at least Intermediate level.
- Ability to see through tasks fully with minimal support ensuring stakeholders are kept on board and fully informed.
- Good analytical ability and excellent communication skills.